It is no secret that our family love the beach. Here on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, we are so blessed to have lots of stunning swimming spots to chose from. We love so many, and for different reasons.
Below I have put together a list of our favourite Sunshine Coast beaches and why we choose to spend our summers on them.
- No waves making it a great options for all ages – Cotton Tree
- Pack lunch and use the free BBQs – La Balsa
- The most stunning scenery and a stroll through the Noosa National Park – Tea Tree Beach Bay
- Walk (park on North Shore Road in Mudjimba) – Mudjimba to North Shore
- Dog friendly – Sunshine Beach
- Rock pools for exploring – First Bay Coolum
- Enjoy a swim followed by some tasty fish and chips – The Spit at Mooloolaba
- Having fun in the waves – Alexandra Headland
- Take a dip in the ocean pool which sits right on the edge of the sand – Kings Beach
- Grab a floaty and cruise down the river to the ocean – Currimundi Lake
- Go four wheel driving on the sand and make a day trip out of it – Rainbow Beach
- Head to the children’s play park after the beach – Happy Valley
- For something a little different – Chambers Island
- A quiet spot less popular then the traditional tourist beaches – Between Alex and Mooloolaba
- Enjoy sunrise – Yaroomba Beach (pictured by Janelle Dee Photography)
I hope you love the list!