How lucky we are that here on the Sunshine Coast we are able to enjoy school holidays outside of our homes. Something that so many Australian’s are currently unable to do. I am sure that for most of these people, school term and school holidays have rolled into one big blur of a year.
With that said, we intend of making the most of our break from school, while we can. Every school holiday we come up with a school holiday bucket list, a list of fun activities to do during the break that we create together. Everyday of the school holiday we tick something off of our list. Not only is it fun and gives us something to look forward to, but it also means we never run out of ideas for things to do.
I highly recommend writing our own school holiday bucket list. Here are some ideas for the September/October school break to get you started.
Thins to do on the Sunshine Coast this school holidays –
- Little Life Savers – will be run from Monday 27th September to Friday 1st October on Mooloolaba Beach, for two hours each morning. The cost is $175 and includes rash shirt, certificate, life savers pack and BBQ lunch on the final day. It is a great way to get children outdoors and learning about our beaches and how to be safe on them.
- Rush Adventure Land is an indoor fun park for children big and mall. There is a cafe to purchase everything you need for the day. This is a popular spot for parents who need to get some work done, and are able to bring along their lap top to work on whilst watching their little ones play.
- Head to one of the The Best Beaches on the Sunshine Coast!
- Spend the day at The Wharf Mooloolaba. Enjoy a morning at Sea Life, followed with lunch at Saltwater Fish & Chippery and then finish the day off with ice cream from Fior di Latte Gelateria.
- On a Wednesday or Saturday head to Eumundi Markets. It is renowned for its locally made artisan treasures, there is no other market quite like it.
- Go for a splash at Bli Bli Aqua Park. Located within the Bli Bli Watersports Complex the Aqua Park is a series of inflatable slides, runways, blast bags and bouncers all connected together. It is one of our favourite places, we have lunch at the restaurant and enjoy the whole day there.
- Discover something new at Noosa Civic. This school holidays there will be a herd of dinosaurs set up around the centre from Thursday 16th September to Saturday 9th October.
- Enjoy one of The Best Walks on the Sunshine Coast!
- Spend the day at one of our local theme parks like Aussie World or Australia Zoo. These are by far two favourites of ours, you will find us there every school holiday.
- Take a day trip away form the Sunshine Coast and head to Brisbane. There is always something fun to do there! This school holidays they have Summer Play Factor, as part of the festival of Brisbane. It will run from 21st to 23rd September. Expect surfboard acrobatics, infectious choreography, ice-cream juggling and beach cricket in this tasty summer delight. At only $15 it is a bargain. Brickman® Wonders of the World is a great option at Queensland Museum for any LEGO lover. We have been before and thought it was fantastic.