So it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I turned 36, which was interesting to me as I have realised over the past year that in fact I think I am perpetually 27!
Every birthday is a moment to pause, reflect, assess. A mental reflection of where I have been, what I have achieved, where I am, where I want to go, and so on.
So I have been thinking about life lessons, and decided why not make it 36…
- You can be the juices peach in the fruit shop but not everyone will like peaches. Not everyone will like you and that is ok.
- You don’t need lots of friend you just need good ones.
- Don’t waste your time trying to get people to like you, ‘your people’ already will.
- Good things grow where energy flows.
- Choose where you spend your energy wisely.
- People appreciate your presence more than anything else.
- Let it go.
- Only let people treat you in a way that is acceptable to you.
- Have a hobby.
- Eat well.
- Move your body for your physical and mental health.
- Practise gratitude daily.
- Acts of love and service brings joy.
- Quality over quantity with you purchases.
- Spoil yourself the you deserve it
- Set goals.
- Celebrate all of the special occasions big or small.
- Find your therapy. Whether that’s walking, painting, horse riding, or whatever makes you happy.
- Have a regular sleep routine.
- Treat your partner like they are your best friend, because they are.
- Fall in love with your everyday life.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Have regular clear outs of your home, your heart, your head.
- Treat people well. Be polite. Be kind. Be empathic.
- Love the way you look.
- Learn to be alone.
- Be willing make sacrifices.
- Learn that you are responsible for your own happiness.
- Be a dreamer and don’t give up on them.
- Travel, seek adventure, seek experiences.
- The older you get the faster life goes by. Stop and enjoy the moment and find was to slow it down.
- Love yourself on the inside and know that you are enough.
- Don’t compare yourself to others or their lives to yours.
- Your friendships will grow and change. You will have friendship for different reasons and seasons.
- Wear a hat and take good care of your skin.
- You are here to thrive not survive, so enjoy the ride.
Lots of love,