So it is my birthday next week and on Wednesday I will be turning 35! I sort of, kind of, can’t believe it, because I don’t feel any different to when I was in my twenties.
I remember when I was in my twenties looking at people in their mid thirties and thinking how much older they were then me. It is true though they age really is just a number. Though I do find that with every birthday I take a moment for reflection. A mental reflection of where I have been, what I have achieved and where I am going.
With this said I have been thinking bout what I have learnt during the first five years of my thirties and the list if rather interesting…
- Not everyone will like you, and that’s ok.
- Laugh and make people laugh. Spend the with your friends.
- Don’t waste your time trying to get people to like you, ‘your people’ already will.
- Good things grow where energy flows. Choose where you spend your energy wisely.
- Nothing is more important than being present with the people who love you.
- Accept and let go.
- Know how you expect people to treat you and stand for it.
- Work smarter not harder by outsourcing the things you aren’t good at and putting our energy into what you are.
- Eat well.
- Exercising regularly brings an abundance of joy.
- Practise gratitude daily by finding yourself a gratitude journal.
- Do everything with love, even the small things.
- Quality over quantity with you purchases.
- Spoil yourself.
- Celebrate life. Celebrate all of the special occasions.
- Find your therapy. Whether that’s walking, painting, horse riding, or whatever makes you happy.
- Have a regular sleep routine.
- Set goals for everyday and do them. Learn to love lists.
- Treat your partner like they are your best friend, because they are.
- Fall in love with your everyday life.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Don’t live a cluttered life.
- Treat people well. Be polite. Be kind. Be empathic.
- Love the way you look.
- Learn to be alone.
- Be willing make sacrifices.
- You are responsible for your own happiness.
- Don’t give up on our dreams.
- Travel, seek adventure, seek experiences.
- The older you get the faster life goes by. Stop and enjoy the moment and find was to slow it down.
- Love yourself on the inside and know that you are enough.
- Don’t compare yourself to others or their lives to yours.
- Your friendships will grow and change. you will have friendship for different reasons and seasons.
- Wear a hat and take good care of your skin.
- You only live once, so enjoy the ride. Enjoy everyday.
Lots of love,