A well thought out morning routine promotes wellness, calm and success throughout your day. I would like to say my mornings are perfect, and that I avoid all social media, drink plenty of water, have a perfect sleeps and wake up super fresh, however that isn’t always the case. What I do do is I try my best. I also have a 12 item menu of ways to make my mornings amazing, and even if I hit 10 out of 12 of them, well I think I am doing pretty well!
Whether you’re a morning person or not, creating a routine that promotes wellness is essential to staying productive and encouraging efficiency, and just having a great day.
Here’s my 12 item menu for the perfect mindful and productive morning.
- Great a good nights rest. They say that 7 to 9 hours sleep a night is ideal.
- Avoid the snooze button. Once that alarms hits, get up and go, go, go.
- Allow yourself enough time to achieve everything you need to. Make sure you set that alarm for a time that allows you to get everything you need to done before you have to leave for work/school drop off etc.
- Drink a full glass of water.
- Enjoy a warm drink. Take a quiet moment to have a tea or coffee.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Take a moment to pay gratitude. I do this by way of a gratitude journal. It takes me five minutes and makes my day so much sweeter.
- Stretch your body. Just some light stretches for five minutes.
- Set your intentions. You can either create and read your own, or listen to an intentions playlist.
- Enjoy a meditation. This can even be a one minute meditation you find on YouTube.
- Prioritise important tasks. Try not to get distracted by the things that don’t matter.
- Take your supplements.