My kiddies love chicken and this roast recipe is so simple it takes me 5 minutes to prepare it. I also use the same herbs to marinate the piece of fish that I eat while my little are devouring theirs.
- Steggles Family Roast Chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped sage
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Oil or butter to rub the skin
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl combine parsley, thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Rub oil or butter over the skin of the chicken and then spread the mixed herbs over the chicken.
- Put whole lemon in through the bottom end of the chicken and place it in the belly.
- Place the chicken into a roasting pan on a bed of fresh herbs and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite sides like baked potato and roasted carrots.
Left over roast chicken is great to use on meals throughout the week, like school sandwiches, tacos, pasta dishes and pizza etc.
Recipe found and adapted from Herb roast chicken.