- Colour Scheme – White, Blue and Grey.
- Kitchen Benchtop – Marble is amazing by a reconstituted stone looks just as good for a far lower price.
- Flooring – Solid timber in a dark stain is optimal whereas a vinyl plank in the same colour is a more budget conscious alternative.
- Textiles – Layer patterns using cushions, rugs and throws. Artwork is another great way to add in a pattern. Stick to your colour palate of white, greys and blues. Florals, geometric designs, nautical and ikat prints are perfect.
- Walls – Crisp white painted walls. Timber cladding and moulding also in white.
- Blinds – Should be white or patterned in theme with the Hamptons look. Blinds in Print have a huge range of blinds on offer including Hamptons friendly options. (See more on Blinds in Print below.)
- Plantation Shutters – A known staple in any Hamptons home.
- Nautical Decor- Think boats, navy ceramics, artwork, ocean photography, twine, books, jars and bowls with faux shells, faux coral, striped umbrellas and old marine maps framed.
- Furniture – Keep your main pieces like your couch and beds oversized. A big fabric couch is the staple of the home. The style should be relaxed yet put together. Floors lamps are a must and big textured rugs. Timber dining tables with fabric chairs, a gorgeous glass or marble coffee table.
- Second Life – Mix the old with the new to create the perfect balance of shabby chic and modern elegance. Give existing furniture a new lease on life by getting couches recovered, sand/varnish tables, paint bed frames and use chalk paint to get that desired Hamptons feel.
I have pinned some of my favourite Hamptons style inspiration here.
More on Blinds in Print –
Blinds in Print started in 2017 with a mission to turn the humble, one colour roller blind, from a fitting to a feature! Be it an amazing pattern for your home, or logo to promote your business, their aim is to bring blinds to life! They can print any image onto a blind and can also colour match too. And one of the best things is that all of their blinds are made in AUSTRALIA!
What they did for my parents Hamptons apartment –
My Mum had a specific vision in mind for the sort of window furnishings she wanted. For above her kitchen sink she was after something unique and modern, but still in touch with the Hamptons aesthetic that she had been creating. She went to the Blinds in Print website and chose a design called Maple that she thought was perfect. She wanted her blind to match some feature walls which will be painted in the apartment so Blinds in Print colour matched Dulux Duck Egg Blue for her. Her roller blind was produced and delivered to her door with everything needed to install a full functioning product. (If you aren’t up to the job of installing a blind then they can oragnise someone to do this for you.) She as over joyed with how easy the whole process was and is recommending Blinds in Print to all her friends!
Some images of my parents custom made Blinds in Print – Maple in Duck Egg Blue. Keep in mind that their renovation is definitely still a work in progress!
Update – the team at Blinds in Print have also launched a new online business – Acoustic Blinds and Curtains. More to come…